Meet the queen of the Amazon rainforest herself! The Açaí berry is a 2.5 cm round fruit that grows on acai palms in the rainforests of Central and South America. These berries have long been praised for their skincare and health benefits. The sheer number of cool nicknames it got along the way is impressive: the fountain of youth, natural Viagra, the anti-aging powerhouse, super berry, etc. This dark purple fruit is certainly packed with nutrients and may even have some amazing benefits, including four described in this article.
Good for diabetics
Açaí berries have a low glycemic index, which is an excellent food for people with diabetes. It also has low lipid levels. Acai juice and supplements can be a useful option for keeping glucose levels constant.
A lot of food gets called “SUPER” but these babies really are!
Fresh Açaí berries have a short shelf life and are not available outside the area where they are grown. For generations, it has been a staple of local cuisine - sometimes mixed with water and tapioca flour to make a thick smoothie, and sometimes served frozen as a sorbet or as a supplement. This is not surprising since the nutritional profile of Açaí berries is off the charts - it contains more antioxidants than about 95% of all other plant foods.
- Fiber: The fiber-rich Açaí berries not only help make your trips to the toilet more regular but also helps you to keep your blood sugar stable.
- Antioxidants: Like other berries, Açaí is rich in antioxidants, which can help strengthen your immune system and protect your cells from free radical damage.
- Calcium: High in calcium, Açaí berries will help keep your muscles, bones, nerves, and heart strong and healthy.
- Heart-healthy fats: A diet rich in nuts, avocado or fish, seems the only way to get enough omega-3 fatty acids, but Açaí berries are also a great source. Eating these heart-healthy fats can lower the risk of coronary heart disease and improve cholesterol levels.
Improves the immune system
Studies have shown that certain Açaí compounds, specifically polyphenolic compounds, can help reduce the development of malfunctioning cells by 86%. While this is not yet a cure or treatment, further research is being conducted on extracts of polyphenolic compounds taken from Açaí and in reducing tumor growth.
Rejuvenates the skin
The antioxidants found in Açaí berries have magical properties that can rejuvenate your skin. The Korean Society of Toxicology has found that the antioxidants in Açaí berries help to speed up the healing process when your skin is cut, torn, or bruised. Healthy skin starts from the inside out, removing toxins from the body. If you need to cleanse your skin, try mashed or powdered Açaí berries. You can also choose Açaí oil extracts for topical application on the skin to improve the appearance of the skin. Açaí extract oil may be a better solution than harsher, chemical-based products. Imagine what antioxidants can do for your skin!
Acai Berry in skincare
The Açaí berry also boasts powerful anti-aging Vitamin A, which boosts cell renewal and brightens Vitamin C to boost collagen production for that plump, plump skin as plump as the Açaí berry itself. It is for this reason that we decided to add Açaí berry extract to our Manifesto Beauty gummy supplement.
Tip: Natural vitamin-packed exfoliants can be a complete game-changer for your skincare routine, so don't miss Açaí berry products to add to your skincare routine. It will give your skin a treat for sure.
We don’t really like the term “anti-aging” but we sure want to look good for as long as possible…..
Another awesome benefit of Açaí's is rich in anti-aging compounds. One small Açaí berry is packed with antioxidants, twice as much as blueberries - another superfood - and 10 times as much as grapes. Açaí is also rich in several phytochemicals that slow down the signs of aging and, in some cases, even reverse them.
Antioxidants remove free radicals that cause damage to hair, skin, eyes, teeth, and hair and often cause premature aging. Regular consumption of acai berry gummies or supplements containing Açaí berry extract and other antioxidant-rich foods can help slow down aging processes and reduce the damaging effects of free radicals. In addition, applying acai extracts or oils to the skin help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Research published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology says that Açaí berries are very beneficial for hyperpigmentation. Various types of inflammation and Oxidative cell damage can also be reduced with frequent consumption of Açaí berry supplements. While these small berries appear to have potent health effects, the specific ingredients in Açaí berries that make them so effective have yet to evaluate.
How to Consume Açaí Berries?
There are many exciting ways to eat Açaí berries discussed in detail below. Let's take a look.
- Fresh Açaí berries can be eaten raw. They are perishable by nature and are therefore used for immediate consumption.
- The Açaí berry can be used to make a variety of dishes such as ice cream, jelly beans, etc.
- The most delicious way to eat Açaí berries is by making an acai bowl. It is made by making acai puree and poured over with honey, muesli, or granola.
- They are also available in other longer-shelf life forms, including frozen fruit purees, juices, smoothies, and powders.
- The extract of these berries is very potent and is available in the Manifesto Beauty Gummy supplement.
Have we convinced you yet?